1. We are open now!

Bookmark this domainname: MediumFormat.family and tell your friends about it!

Please "like" our accounts at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

TECHNICAL CAMERA IMAGES .

Discussion in 'Other brands' started by jotloob, Sep 16, 2018.

1. jotloob

MFF-Fan

Is anyone using a technical camera here ? ? ?
    Like ARCA SWISS , ALPA , CAMBO or others ? ? ?

Here is a series of ALPA images . ASPHALT WORKS . My blue series .
    ALPA 12 TC + HRDIGARON-s 4,5/28mm + HB CFV50

ALPA.HEBEL_4137.VIGN.40,4x51,7.PP.jpg ALPA.HEBEL_4153.40x50.VIGN.H+25.BLUE.CAST.+8.tiff.40,4x51,7.PP.jpg ALPA.HEBEL_4158.VIGN.40,4x51,7.PP.jpg ALPA.HEBEL_4194.VIGN.40,4x51,7.PP.jpg

Regards . Jürgen . jotloob .

bensonga and dirk like this.
  2. bensonga

MFF-Fan

Jurgen I love your blue series images! I sure wish I had a technical camera and digital back to go with it, but unfortunately I do not .

I look forward to seeing more of yours and other technical camera images shared here.

Gary

3. jotloob

MFF-Fan

Thank you Gary . I have fallen in love with industrial architecture . As I live in the far south of Germany , a part of Germany with very little industry , I can only find gravel pits
    (very many) , concrete mixing plants and asphalt works . I some locations , you are not allowed to shoot , even if you show your images you have already taken in other places . No chance . But at the location you see in the blue serie , I was welcome . They even offered me to stay longer than their opening time . Then there is no traffic , which produces an extreme amount of fine dust .
    I will prepare other ALPA images for upload .
    Regards . Jürgen .

dirk likes this.
  4. dirk

Administrator Founder

Have you tried LaPaDu already?

https://www.landschaftspark.de/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jotloob

MFF-Fan

Dirk . Thanks for that link . I am sure , there are many interesting places around Dortmund , Duisburg Essen and other cities in the "Ruhrgebiet" .
    They are all too far away for me . I don't like to travel that far anymore .
    I usually visit an interesting location a couple of times . We all know the "hunting" for good light or weather and therefore I prefer places within a daytrip .

dirk likes this.
  6. jotloob

MFF-Fan

IMG_0676.JPG

dirk likes this.
  7. jotloob

MFF-Fan

Taken with ALPA 12 STC + HRDIGARON 40mm + CFV50 . Vertical shift .
    This image gave me the initial idea for my series : CONCRETE , GRAVEL , ASPHALT .

8. jotloob

MFF-Fan

Hi Gary

Shooting with an ALPA ( or other technical camera ) is a bit like shooting with a 4x5 inch camera .
    It is a shooting technic "back to the roots" .
    And of course , you make the same mistakes , as you did with a 4x5 camera . Haha .

But it is a challenge , a lovely challenge over and over again . Including LCC . I just love it .
    For most of my ALPA images , i use a tripod . But the images from the blue serie were all shot hand held .
    As the image circle of the HRDIGARON 28mm is too small for shift operation , I used the ALPA 12 TC . (very much like a HB SWC)
    I also shot this brewery house with the HB 905SWC + CFV50 .

The same is valid for the following image . An old brewery house , integrated in modern city architecture .

SUDHAUS.3.H+30.jpg

Handheld tilt of the camera . The transform function of PSCC brought the verticals back .