1. Bookmark this domainname: MediumFormat.family and tell your friends about it!

Please "like" our accounts at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Why medium format..

Discussion in 'Why Medium Format & General MF topics' started by daveo228i, Apr 18, 2019.

1. daveo228i

daveo228i New Member

I began shooting medium format in the 1980's. My equipment was Mamiya 6x4.5s. I had begun with one and then saw the advantages of a second body. Sometime later I was using a Pentax 6x7. I was shooting for stock and editorial work. I really enjoyed getting my work back from the lab. The 6x7 images were big and showed detail that 35mm could not do. Today I'm retired, but still will grab a camera snd shoot just for my fun and pleasure. I have a beautiful Rolleiflex TLR with a working meter and spotless glass. My arsenal also includes a Hasselblad 503CW. It is fitted with either a metered 45 degree or 90 prism. Two lenses, a CF 50 T F4 and a late model C 80 2.8 T. Also available is a Pentax 6x4.5 auto focus with 4 auto lenses. I only shoot film.

dirk likes this.